Calendar of Events

Event Calendar
Calendar View List View Printer-Friendly Version Print View Export as iCalendar
Event Details
Cooperstown Connection: Opera and Baseball

Sat, 2 Aug, 2014 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Baseball and operaintersect annually in Cooperstown with The Glimmerglass
Festival and the Baseball Hall of Fame both drawing thousands of fans to Central New York.

Emmy Award-winner Mark Schubin will discuss the connection between the two beloved institutions on Saturday, Aug. 2 at The Otesaga Resort Hotel in Cooperstown at a 2014 Glimmerglass Festival event.

Schubin’s 90-minute presentation, entitled “Mark Schubin on Baseball and Opera,” is co-presented with the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and will begin at 10 a.m. on Aug. 2. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for youths and are available at www.glimmerglass.org.

Schubin will discuss the shared interests of Hall of Famers like Ty Cobb and
Babe Ruth and musical legends Lauritz Melchior and Riccardo Muti. The relationship between baseball and opera dates back well into the 19th century
when the first operas using a baseball theme were composed. Members of the
company’s Young Artists Program, the apprenticeship for emerging performers, will perform baseball-themed music as part of the program.

The Glimmerglass Festival was founded in 1975 and presents an annual season of operas and musical theater at the Alice Busch Opera Theater, located about eight miles north of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.

Fees: $25 for Adults
$10 for Youth
Calendar: Event Calendar
More Information
  Add this single event to my Windows Live(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Google(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Yahoo!(R) Calendar

National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum

25 Main Street, Cooperstown, NY 13326
Phone: 1-888-HALL-OF-FAME | Fax: 607-547-2044 | Email the Hall of Fame
Privacy Statement/Your California Privacy Rights
Terms of Use 
Like us on Facebook       Follow us on Twitter      Subscribe to us on YouTube     Connect with us on LinkedIn

Like us on Facebook       Follow us on Twitter      Subscribe to us on YouTube     Connect with us on LinkedIn